The Society of Bluffton Artists (SoBA) 24th Annual Judged Show from March 6-April 1 is open to all artists. Artists don’t have to be a SoBA member to participate.
Opening reception and awards is Wednesday, March 7 from 5-7 p.m. at the SoBA Gallery.
Deliver artwork entries Monday, March 5th from 9-11 a.m. to the SoBA Center for Creative Arts, 8 Church Street in Old Town Bluffton. No entries are accepted after 11 a.m.
The entry fee is $25 for members and $35 for non-members.
Labels for the artwork will be emailed after paid pre-registration is received.
The 24th Annual Judged Show will include first, second and third place cash awards in each categories.
The categories include: Acrylic, Mixed Media. Oil, Photography, Watercolor, 3 D
A minimum of 7 pieces in a category to be eligible for awards.
Rules of Entry:
1. Artists do not have to be a Member of SoBA. The show is open to all artists 18 and older.
2. Each artist may enter one (1) piece of art work.
3. The work must have been completed in the past year and not exhibited in the past twelve (12) months.
4. Art MUST be original. Entries not accepted include: Fiber Arts, Giclees and/or work which has been copied from another artist or from a published photograph.
5. Minimum size: 12 × 12 Maximum Size: 30 × 40
6. Mats should be white or black. Under mats are acceptable.
7. All work must be for sale and priced to sell.
8. SoBA will retain a 35% commission.
9. SoBA reserves theright to reject work that does not comply with these rules or that it deems unsuitable for public display.
10. Participants are limited to the first 100 entries.
11. No advanced drop off of artwork is acceptable
12. All unsold art work must be retrieved from SoBA CCA Monday April 2, 2108 9-11am
About the Judge
Linda St. Clair has set herself apart as an innovator who creates animal portraits that explore the personalities of creatures great and small. Whether her subjects are of the barnyard, domestic or wild variety, they are undeniably the product of an artist inspired by wildlife’s vital energy and its broad emotional range.
St. Clair’s body of work is infused with a strong narrative sense, a clear articulation of mood and spirit, and an intricate knowledge of animal anatomy. Each painting is completed during a single, intense session out of her studio in Santa Fe.
St. Clair’s paintings are exhibited and collected throughout the nation and worldwide. She is a two-time recipient of the Grumbacher Gold Medal and member of the Society of Animal Artists in New York. Her work is featured in galleries in Sedona, Arizona; St. Helena, California; Beaver Creek, Colorado; Ketchum, Idaho; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina; Washington DC; Jackson Hole, Wyoming; and her home city of Santa Fe.
She has exhibited nationally at The Buffalo Bill Art Show in Cody, Wyoming, The Audubon Artists Annual Exhibition in New York, and The Salmagundi Club in New York. She is represented in galleries throughout the United States.
Your registration is not complete until after you have paid. Once you fill out this form, you will be redirected to the payment page.