26th Annual Judged Show
March 2-April 6
Registration Deadline: March 2
Thank you to our sponsors:
5-7 p.m. Wednesday, March 4
at the SOBA gallery, 6 Church Street
1st, 2nd, 3rd Cash Awards. Categories include:
Cost: $25 for members and $45 for non-members
9-11 a.m. Monday, March 2
Deliver art to:
SoBA Center for Creative Arts
8 Church Street, Bluffton SC 29910
Label Information for the artwork will be emailed after registration & fee are received.
Complete two copies of the form deliver one to the check in desk and attach the second art label to the back of the artwork prior to delivery.
No entries accepted after 11 am.
Rules of Entry:
- The show is open to all artists 18 and older.
- Each artist may only enter one (1) piece of art.
- The work must have been completed in the past year and not exhibited in the past twelve (12) months.
- Art must be original.
- Minimum size 12×12”.
- Maximum size 36 x 40”.
- Maximum weight 10 lbs.
- 2D art must be wired (no saw tooth hangers).
- Mats white or off-white. Color liners may be used.
- All work must be for sale and priced to sell.
- SoBA will retain a 35% commission.
- SoBA reserves the right to reject work that does not comply with these rules or that is deemed unsuitable for public display.
- Participants are limited to the first 100 applicants.
- No advanced drop off of art is allowed.
- All unsold work must be retrieved at the
SoBA CCA. Monday April 1, 2019 9-11 am.
Judged Show Artist Registration Form
After you fill out the form below, you will be taken to payment area. Your registration is not complete until you have paid the registration fee.
26th Annual Judged Show Judge
The judge for the show is Mark Boedges. Mark Boedges has amassed numerous awards and shown his work in many galleries in a short amount of time. After graduating from the University of Kansas with a degree in philosophy, Boedges pursued his passion for painting — particularly plein art, which would remain his focus for several years. Eventually, Boedges went back to school to study fine art at the University of Colorado, but he left the program after two years to study exclusively from nature. Among his many accolades, Boedges received the Grand Prize for Landscape and a spot on the cover of International Artist magazine. He recently received the Joseph Hartley Memorial award at the prestigious Salmagundi Club in New York City, Best in Show at the American Impressionist Society’s National Exhibition and Best in Show at the Scottsdale Salon of Fine Art.
Today, Boedges leads plein air workshops and is a well-known judge for shows throughout the country. His studio is located in Charlotte, Vermont. Boedges continues to hone his craft through collaborating with other artists and attending workshops. Visit markboedges.com for more information.