Organizers are taking precautions in light of the coronavirus, limiting the classes to 10 students. Each student will have their own table or work station. However, please be aware that interaction may occur during the camp.
The Summer Camp is now full
Instructor: Mary Burrell
When: 1-3 p.m. July 13-17 for ages 6-9; 9-11 a.m. July 20-24 for ages 10-12.
Where: SoBA’s Center for Creative Arts, located at 6 Church Street next door to the SoBA Gallery in Old Town Bluffton
Cost: $100 per child per week
Contact: Mary Burrell at [email protected] or 845 893-5726
Join us for our weekly summer art camps for children ages 6-9 and 10-12 years of age.
Each week will feature different art activities that will ignite your child’s creativity. Children will explore different artistic techniques while having fun. Classes are given at the Center for Creative Arts located next to the SoBA gallery on Church Street in Old Town Bluffton.
The instructor is artist Mary Burrell a Board member at SoBA and a Board member of National Association of Women Artists. She also teaches arts and crafts to pre schoolers, aftercare and camp children at Cross School here in Bluffton.
The cost is $100 per child per week. Registration is limited to 10 students per session minimum 5. Please have children wear old clothing suitable for painting. Please do not send children with food. Drinks only. The tuition cost includes all materials.
Summer Art Camp Schedule
1-3 p.m. July 13-17 for ages 6-9
9-11 a.m. July 20-24 for ages 10-12.
- Monday – Lets go abstract and do it with paper mâché bowls.
- Tuesday – Experiment with watercolor using oil pastel, salt and more.
- Wednesday – Let’s make an optical art cube. And learn how to doodle.
- Thursday – Paint our paper mâché abstract and Painting with no brush using everyday items.
- Friday – Let’s Draw!! Blind contour, gesture drawing, still life drawing and get some shading done.
The schedule of activities is subject to change.