This year Art Camp 2018 will travel to foreign lands where kids will explore far away places and create a project from that culture. All sessions run from 9 – 11 a.m. each day. This camp is for children ages 8-13. The cost is $100 per session.
We’re all sold out!
Session III: July 9 – July 13
- Mon. July 9 – Russia – Domes of St. Basil: Moscow is home to these famous egg shaped, ornate domes on government buildings. Kids will make a 3-D replica of their own.
- Tues. July 10 – Austria – Gustav Klimt and the Tree of Life: A symbol of life and unity the Tree of Life spans many cultures with its decorative surfaces and symbolism. This metallic painting project will mimic the style of this Austrian artist.
- Wed. July 11 – Africa – Kente Cloth from Ghana: Kids will weave their own colorful, patterned paper Kente cloth that are worn even today by both men and women of Africa.
- Thurs. July 12 – Scandinavia – Journey to Denmark, Sweden and Norway to uncover the legends of the Viking longboats —how they were made and what they were used for. In this 2-day project kids will make and decorate a Viking ship out of cardboard.
- Fri. July 13 – Finish longboat project.