The SOBA Gallery will reopen May 21. The gallery will operate with limited hours — from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday-Saturday with a limit of six people at a time in the gallery.
“Because of our current situation with the virus we are adopting the recommendations of the Hilton Head/Bluffton Chamber of Commerce,” said Linda Hilts, a SOBA board member. “And we have put in place some additional guidelines that staffers will have to abide by to keep everyone safe.”
In keeping with the social distancing best practices, visitors are asked to stay six feet apart. Volunteer staffers will be wearing masks, gloves and washing their hands frequently. Hand sanitizer will be available.
Other precautionary measures will include daily cleaning and sanitizing of the gallery’s high frequency touch points, including door handles and locks, light switches, flag poles, sandwich boards, desks, chairs, phones, credit card machines (including credit cards), bathroom sink and features, cabinets, etc.
Other recommended precautions include:
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Stay home if you are feeling ill
- Add a new trash can liner in the container
- Discard all paper towels, wipes, wrappers into the lined trash container
- Clean a pen to only be used by yourself
- Staffers will fill out all sections of the sales slip. We will not have buyers fill out their contact information.
- Be aware of anything you touch and then clean your hands after.