Effective Date: April 2015
The below information will refer to SobaGallery.com (“SobaGallery.com”, “we”, “our”).
Your privacy is important to us. It is The Society of Bluffton Artists’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://sobagallery.com, and other sites we own and operate.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
- information you provide to us;
- information about how you use our websites, mobile applications, and other online services;
- information about the computers and devices you use to access our services;
- information about your online activities and your interests;
- information about how you respond to our communications;
- information about the location of your mobile device based on the location of nearby
- WiFi networks or, subject to your consent, information accessed via the location functionality of your device; and
- information about you from publicly or commercially available sources.
How do we use your information?
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
We use information:
- to provide you with products and services and respond to your requests;
- for research purposes;
- to communicate with you about SoBA Gallery; learn about you; send you or provide you with content based on your interests; and
- to improve, maintain, and troubleshoot our services.
- Sharing Information – We share information:
- with third parties, including service providers that process information on our behalf, to facilitate transactions and provide you with services;
- with our affiliates;
- to facilitate interest-based advertising; and
- in association with a transfer of a business or related assets; when there is a legal obligation to disclose your information; or to protect our legal rights, the public, or others.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
- You may update or delete the account information you provide us for any of our services in the account information page for that service.
- You may indicate your preferences regarding marketing communications by contacting us at the information below.
- You can learn about your ability to register your “do not track” preferences in the Cookies section of the full Policy.
- We use reasonable security measures to protect your information.
- Our services are not intended for children under 13.
- We are not responsible for any third-party products or services you access via our services.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We and our service providers collect information that you provide when you use our services. For example, to access certain parts of our services, you may have to register for an account. During registration we may collect your name, address, username, password, and email address. You may also provide us with information when you post a message on our services; sign up to receive communications from us; register for contests; participate in surveys; or contact us with a question, comment, or request. The information that you may provide us includes but is not limited to:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Payment information, including account or card number
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
When you use social media platforms, applications or tools that enable features like audio or video content (sometimes known as “plugins”), or other features that are operated or offered by other companies (sometimes known as “third parties”) and are integrated into our services or allow you to connect to our services, we may collect information from those third parties. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media platforms or third-party features you use to manage how information is shared.
If you wish to forward an article or other information to a friend using our services, we will ask you to provide your friend’s name and email address. We may collect statistics on which articles are forwarded. We do not sell, rent, or market information about the friends to whom you forward articles or information, and we use your friends’ names and email addresses only for purposes of forwarding articles or other information subject to your request.
Passive data collection:
We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use our services or interact with us. The information we may collect includes:
- IP address
- Operating system
- Device type
- Device manufacturer
- Device identifier
- Browser type
- Content viewed on our services
- Pages viewed immediately before and after you access our websites
- Which content from us or our affiliated companies you view, access, or click on
Your activities over time and across The Society of Bluffton Artists network and within the network of websites include:
- Whether you open our electronic communications and where you click within them
- Features of our services that you use
- Name and location of your Internet Service Provider
- Amount of time spent on our pages and how many pages you viewed during your visit
- For more information about how we collect this information, see Use of Web Beacons, Cookies and Other Technologies.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with the products, services, or information you request or purchase;
- providing you with information about your account and our products and services;
- delivering information to you about offers for goods or services that may be of interest to you;
- personalizing your experience when using our services and providing content based on your interests or other demographics;
- improving or troubleshooting our services;
- determining whether you are eligible for contests or promotions;
- generating and analyzing statistics about how you use our services and respond to our communications;
- creating compiled, aggregate, and anonymous information about the users’ of our services and how our users interact with our services (“Aggregated Information”);
- safeguarding your information;
- detecting, preventing, and responding to potential fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms of Service, violations of law, or other misuse of our services.
We may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect from our services and elsewhere for any of these purposes.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may disclose information about you:
- to service providers that process payments, handle marketing communications, provide technical support, conduct surveys, or perform other services for us;
- to business partners when you have elected to receive communications from them;
- to business partners that engage in interest-based advertising;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process;
- as necessary to process transactions and provide you with the services, products, or information you request or purchase;
- when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or property of our affiliates or us, or to protect the safety of you or others;
- to detect, prevent, or respond to potential fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms of Service, violations of law, or other misuse of our services
- to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other transfer of all or part of our assets; or
- subject to your consent.
We do not share your credit card information or other financial information to third parties for their marketing purposes or other independent use. When we share information with third parties for processing credit card or other payments, we require those third parties to comply with applicable Payment Card Industry standards. SoBA uses PayPal to process payments.
We may share Aggregated Information with third parties that provide content and services for us. We may also share Aggregated Information with advertisers and others so that they can better understand our audience. For example, we might disclose the gender, age, or geographical breakdown of our user base.
Unless you have consented otherwise, we do not sell, rent, barter, or otherwise give away user lists, users’ names, email addresses, or mailing addresses so that advertisers or other third parties may send you advertisements or other solicitations.
You should know that when you voluntarily disclose personal information publicly on our services, that information may be collected and used by others and you may receive unsolicited communications from other people. When you share information via features offered on our services by other companies (sometimes known as “third-party plugins”), the privacy settings of the for those features govern how the information will be shared. When you are logged into our services, depending on the service you are logged into, your name may be displayed, and your email address and contact information may be viewed. Be sure to logout of your account and take other steps to ensure that others cannot view that information without your knowledge.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND CONTENT
Our services and communications may contain links to or content from websites or other online services provided by third parties. We expect our partners and third-party providers to respect your privacy, but you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by websites and other services that are not under our control. The privacy practices of third parties are governed by their privacy policies, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of all websites and online services that you use, view, or visit.
In addition to cookies, we may use web beacons (also known as pixels), and other technologies to collect information when you use our services.
We and some of our advertisers work with ad networks and ad delivery platforms that place retargeting pixels on users’ computers to gather information about users’ online activities, such as browsing histories and demographic information. This information can be aggregated into audience segments, which help deliver relevant advertising to users visiting our websites and third-party websites that use the same pixels.
Some of our services and communications may contain tiny electronic images known as web beacons. We use web beacons to assist us in delivering cookies on our services and to allow us to count users who have visited those pages. We may include web beacons in promotional email messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
COOKIES and INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
To help ensure that you receive content that are relevant to your interests on our services, our advertisers’ services, and elsewhere on the Internet, we and third-parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites and apps. We and third parties may use that information to help understand audience segments. Advertisers may use the segments to determine the audience groups to which they wish to deliver particular ads. Through this process, we do not use information that directly identifies you.
We care about children’s privacy. Our services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age. We will not knowingly allow children under 13 to register for or become members of our services. If we discover that we have received any information from a child under 13, we will take reasonable steps to promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected information from anyone under 13 without parental consent, please contact us via any of the channels listed below.
In general, if you register on SoBA’s website, you may update the information you have provided to us for any of our services by contacting us at the information below. When you register for our services, you may be able to indicate your preferences regarding marketing communications. When we or our affiliates send you emails containing offers that may be of interest of you, those emails may contain links via which you may opt out of receiving those communications.
You can delete accounts associated with our services by contacting us at the information below. When you do so, we will delete your information from our servers except for a transactional record of your account. Some information may remain on back-up media. Deleting your account cancels your website registration and you may no longer be able to access some of our services or some of the features or content offered by our services. If you need assistance locating the account information page for any service, or updating or deleting the information you have provided in connection with the service, please contact us as set forth below.
While we strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information, no information system can be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for information that you transmit over networks that we do not control or information that you choose to publicly disclose. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
We make reasonable efforts to secure the account information pages and other registration locations for our services, such that they can be accessed only by our authorized personnel or by logging in with your member name and password.
We endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using technology that encrypts information you submit.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, we may be reached at
P.O. Box 1972,
Bluffton, SC 29910,
843-757-6586 or at
DEFINITION OF CERTAIN TERMS
IP Address- the identifier assigned to facilitate communications over the Internet. Depending on how you connect to the Internet, your IP address may always be the same, or it may change each time you access the Internet. An IP address does not in and of itself disclose your name, email address, or home or work address.
Service Providers- unaffiliated companies that perform services on our behalf, such as printing, mailing, processing payments, managing the delivery of advertisements, collections, data processing, or communications. We strive to limit the amount of users’ personally identifiable information shared with service providers. We ask these service providers to keep confidential the information that we provide to them, and we require them to not share, sell, or rent any information collected from our users that directly identifies our users.