- Painting From a Photo Reference with Dan Graziano
- May 1-3, 2023
- 9:00- 4:00 PM with lunch break
- Members $450/ Nonmembers $475
- Deadline to cancel registrations & issue refunds is two weeks prior to the scheduled class. No refunds or credits are issued after that time.
This three-day workshop will focus on painting “alla prima” (all at once) as well as developing greater skills of observation, simplification and quickly painting “wet on wet” to create strong “painterly” paintings. The workshop will also discuss techniques to quickly transfer the important elements of a reference photo to the canvas, creating an artistic painting rather than simply rendering a photograph.
Each day will include a short painting demo by Dan with an explanation of his process and plenty of one-on-one individual instruction throughout the day.
The workshop will cover these topics:
- Oil painting basics (from materials to paint handling)
- The fundamentals of color, value, edges, perspective and other “practical” elements related to successful painting.
This workshop is designed for beginning to advanced painters in both oil and acrylic mediums.
Participants are encouraged to bring still life objects and photos to paint from or may choose from photos brought by the instructor.
Class size is limited so register early. Participants supply their own art supplies and equipment (easels are provided).
Download a copy of the registration form.