The 27th Annual Judged Show has been postponed for this summer
All Artists Welcome to Enter
- If you registered previously, your registration is valid. You do not need to re-register.
- Show Limited to First 100 Entries
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Cash Awards
- Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Photography and Other (Pastel, Pencil/Graphite, 3-D, Stained Glass)
Schedule of Events for
- The deadline to register is June 25.
- The deadline for dropping off your art is from 9-11 a.m. July 5 at the Center for Creative Arts, located next door to the SOBA gallery at 8 Church Street. No entries will be accepted after 11 a.m.
- The Judged Show exhibit will be on display from July 5-August 1 at the SOBA gallery.
- An awards ceremony will take place from 5-7 p.m. July 7.
- These events are free to attend and open to the public.
- Artists can pick up unsold artwork at the end of the show from 9-11 a.m. August 2 at the SOBA gallery.
1.The show is open to all artists 18 and older.
2.Each artist may only enter one (1) piece of art.
3.The work must have been completed in the
past year and not exhibited in the past
twelve (12) months.
4.Art must be original.
5.Minimum size 12×12”.
6.Maximum size 36 x 40”.
7.Maximum weight 10 lbs.
8.2D art must be wired (no saw tooth hangers).
9.Mats white or off-white. Color liners may be used.
10.All work must be for sale and priced to sell.
11.SoBA will retain a 35% commission.
12.SoBA reserves the right to reject work that does not comply with these rules or that is deemed unsuitable for public display.
13.Participants are limited to the first 100 applicants.
14.No advanced drop off of art is allowed.
15.All unsold work must be retrieved at the
SoBA CCA on Monday, April 5, from 9-11 am.
About the Judge
The judge for the show is David Rankin. His painting style is based on what he calls natural abstraction, realistic subjects using abstract design principles that he finds in nature. His award-winning watercolors are in public and private art collections in the U.S., India, and China, have been featured in more than 150 museum exhibitions, and are included in the North Light’s series, Splash: The Best of Watercolor, and Strokes of Genius: The Best of Drawing, and in numerous art magazines.
He promotes conservation and appreciation of the natural world through his paintings and has worked with organizations such as the International Crane Foundation, the Wild Bird Society of Japan, the Corporate Conservation Council-Japan and the Smithsonian Institution. He is a Signature Member of the Ohio Watercolor Society, Artists for Conservation, and the Society of Animal Artists where he has served on the board since 1990. David is a graduate of the Cleveland Institute of Art and lives in Cleveland, Ohio, with his wife, Deanna.
The cost to register is $25 for SOBA members and $45 for non SOBA members. Registration is required by completing a registration form available at the gallery or below.