- This event has passed.
Let’s Get Back To Painting!
June 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$105 – $125
A series of classes in oil for beginners & those wanting to refresh their skills
Instructor: Mary Ann Browning Ford
9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. June 9, 16, 23 & 30 • $105 for four classes for members and $125 for four classes for non-members
Gaining expertise in mixing color is one of the ingredients of creating art that gives the artist confidence. When you have the knowledge to create that “certain” green grass, unique grey for a shadow or…whatever, you take away the angst of uncertainty and save a lot of time. In this class, you will create multiple color mixtures that you will make up and keep on a permanent canvas board with notations that you will keep for future reference. (canvas boards supplied)
- First class: The Art of Color Mixing
- Second Class: Low Country landscape
- Third Class: Portrait of Pet
- Fourth Class: Still Life (your choice)
What you will learn:
- Basic mixing terminology – hue, value & saturation
- How to mix vivid colors, greys, how to lighten & darken color without using black or white
- How and why to use complimentary colors
Materials Needed: oil paints & medium (mineral spirits), sketch pad, palette