SOBA reserves the right to judge whether art is appropriate for display and meets the Gallery Display Guidelines.
- PLEASE REGISTER YOUR PIECE(S) AT LEAST 5 DAYS PRIOR TO CHANGE OF SHOW by emailing the following information to Karen Russell at [email protected] : Your name, title of work, medium, price, & your phone number. This allows us to print the wall tags in a timely manner.
- Maximum size is 36″ x 40″ including frame
- Minimum size is 8″ x 8″ including frame
- Maximum weight is 12 lbs
- All WALL ART exhibiting members may submit one piece each month, regardless of staffing status.
- Two (2) Change of Show forms must be attached to all pieces of art.
- Art is to be delivered and/or picked up on change of show day between 9-11 AM.
- Change of show is the first Monday of most months. Drop off and pickup is 9-11 am.
- If you need to submit your work early, you must have a sitting date and arrange for delivery/pickup on change of show day.
- The Society of Bluffton Artists, its volunteers, employees, agents or representatives will not be responsible for any loss or damage, however caused, to any work submitted for exhibit.
- When the art piece sells it may be replaced in the same spot the remainder of the show with proper notiﬁcation to the people responsible for recording the inventory.
- Staffing members must staff the gallery 1/2 day a month when they are exhibiting.
- Art must not have been exhibited at SOBA within the last three (3) months.
- Exhibiting artists should provide an artist’s Biography to be placed in the “Artists Profile” binder.
- Exhibiting artists may also submit their bio and a photograph of their work to be listed in our online directory of artists.
- Art brought to gallery early or left behind will be stored at your own risk.
- Anything remaining in the gallery or CCA after 30 days will be disposed of.
For complete guidelines for Gallery wrapped art and requirements for framed art go to this link: FORMS AND LABELS.
SoBA member information
- The artist receives 65% and SoBA receives 35% of all sales.
- If, within 60 days, a buyer contacts the artist and purchases a recently exhibited work, the artist is obligated to pay SoBA a 35% commission whether or not the sale is made through SoBA.
Gallery Staffing Obligations
- One half day per month that you have items on display as described below:
- Each framed or gallery wrapped artwork
- Three dimensional art (clay, wood, glass or metal)
- Note: while you staff, you may display an additional piece of your work on an easel. If that piece sells gallery commission applies. (65% artist 35% SoBA).
- If you need to change a stafﬁng date it is your responsibility to ﬁnd a substitute.
- If your date is not kept you will not be able to exhibit the following month.
- Stafﬁng dates should always be during the month of the show.
- We urge you to visit the gallery ahead of changeover to reserve your sitting date.
- If vacancies appear in the show schedule the stafﬁng manager will contact staffer to ﬁll those empty spots.
- These commitments are important to the success of our gallery.
- You must be an active SOBA display member for at least a full membership year of display experience at SOBA. You’ll need to demonstrate a commitment to the organization by volunteering for a committee or an event.
- The board of directors will designate the candidates for the honor of Featured Artist.
- Additional information will be supplied upon approval.
- Demonstrations by artists are a great idea and will attract visitors. The porch and yard are perfect places to give a demonstration.
- All demos must be scheduled.
- Demonstrating artists must provide their own materials and a drop cloth to protect the porch floor.
- Work sold by demonstrating artist must be processed through the gallery and is subject to the standard commission rate. 65% artists/35% SoBA